Thursday, June 7, 2012

COPING with ANGER.

Follow the following steps if you feel that your anger is getting the best of you:

C = CALM DOWN!
       Say to yourself "calm now" or "STOP."
O = OVERCOME THE NEGATIVE; OPT FOR CONTROL.
        Overcome the desire to blow things out of proportion. Say to yourself "This isn't necessarily
        awful, dreadful, terrible. Easy does it! I'm in control, I can handle this."
P = PREPARE, PROBLEM-SOLVE, PLAN.
       Say to yourself "Think! Problem-solve, don't get pushy."
I = IDENTIFY; INVITE ALTERNATIVES INSTEAD OF USING INSULTS.
      Say to yourself "Imagine success, don't assume the worst. If I start to get mad I'll just be banging
      my head against the wall. Don't use insults."
N = NAME THE ANGER FEELINGS; NEGOTIATE.
       Say to yourself "I'm angry; that's a signal to think about negotiation. Remember negatives lead to
       more negatives. Negotiation can lead to win-win situations."
G = GO!  GET ON WITH THE PLAN! GET THE HANG OF ANGER MANAGEMENT! GIVE
       PRAISE TO SELF AND OTHERS.
       Say to yourself and others "Way to go! Good Job! Nice going to both of us! Thanks for helping me
       with my anger control."

If you need help with these steps or feel that you are at a lost with controlling your anger, please give us at call at 954-800-0108, and one of our therapists are willing to listen with a open heart and non-judgemental attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment