Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My Declaration of Self-Esteem.

Having problems with self-acceptance or self-esteem? Read the following poem and we can guarantee that you will feel a boost of self-confidence.

My Declaration of Self-Esteem
I AM ME

In all the world, there is no one else exactly like me
Everything that comes out of me is authentically mine
My body, my feelings, my mouth, my voice, all my actions
Whether they be to others or to myself-I own my fantasies.
My dreams, my hopes, my fears-I own all my triumphs and successes. 
All my failures and mistakes-Because I own all of me.
I can become intimately acquainted with me-by doing so I can love me
And be friendly with me in all my parts-I know there
Are aspects about myself that puzzle me, and other aspects
That I do not know-But as long as I am friendly and loving to
Myself, I can courageously and hopefully look for the
Solutions to the puzzle and for ways to find more about
Me-However I look and sound, whatever I say and do and
Whatever I think and feel at a given moment in time is
Authentically me-If later some parts of how I looked,
Sounded, thought and felt turned out to be unfitting, I can
Discard that which is unfitting. Keep the rest and invent
Something new for that which: discarded-I can, see, hear, feel
Think, say and do. I have the tools to survive. To be close to
Others, to be productive, and to make sense and order out of
The world of people and things outside of me-I own me, and
Therefore I can engineer me-I AM ME and
I AM OKAY

By: Virginia Satir

Give one of our counselors a call at 954-800-0108, we are here to listen. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment