Monday, February 27, 2012

2012 Count What Matters!

Eating Disorder Awareness Week is from February 26th - March 3rd, this week is dedicated to drawing attention to Eating Disorders.


I am spinning the silk threads of my story, weaving the fabric of my world...I spun out of control. Eating was hard. Breathing was hard. Living was hardest.

I wanted to swallow the bitter seeds of forgetfulness...Somehow, I dragged myself out of the dark and asked for help.

I spin and weave and knit my words and visions until a life starts to take shape. There is no magic cure, no making it all go away forever.

There are only small steps upward; an easier day, an unexpected laugh, a mirror that doesn't matter anymore. I am thawing.”


Everyone is at risk for an eating disorder, regardless of their age, creed, or color. Along with National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders, Provide 4 is challenging everyone to change their thinking from the counting limits to counting what truly matters! Instead of measuring your life in pounds, calories, exercise, or tangibles, choose to recognize improved behaviors, healthier attitudes and intentional gratitude for your strengths, your assets, and your personal bests!

Here are some resources for yourself or others who are struggling with an eating disorder:
National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders
www.anad.org
Eating Disorder Recovery and Education
www.gurve.com
National Eating Disorder Association
www.nationaleatingdisorder.org
Eating Disorder Treatment
www.renfrewcenter.com

Start today and ask for help! At Provide 4 Inc, our professional counselors are dedicated to increasing awareness of Eating Disorders and helping individuals who are battling with an Eating Disorder. Call us today at 954-800-0108.

No comments:

Post a Comment